Emma Watson's speech #HEforSHE

Saturday, September 27, 2014


Hi guys,

Our blog mostly represent subjects such as food, fashion, design and beauty. However, we find the subject that this post is about highly important and we think that we also need to give a subject like this attention.


We're talking about Emma Watson's powerful speech at the United Nations headquarters in New York. Not only is her speech incredibly inspiring, it also makes us realize that gender equality is still a big unsolved issue. To also inspire you I put some quotes from Emma's speech below.

"I was appointed as Goodwill Ambassador for U.N. Women six months ago, and the more I've spoken about feminism, the more I have realized that fighting for women's rights has too often become synonymous with man-hating. If there is one thing I know for certain, it is that this has to stop."

 "For the record, feminism, by definition, is the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities."

"Men, I would like to take this opportunity to extend your formal invitation..Gender equality is your issue, too.. I've seen young men suffering from mental illness, unable to ask for help, for fear it would make them less of a men
or less of a man. I've seen men made fragile and insecure by a distorted sense of what constitutes male success. Men don't have the benefits of equality, either."

 "We don't want to talk about men being imprisoned by gender stereotypes, but I can see that they are. When they are free, things will change for women as a natural consequence. If men don't have to be aggressive, women won't be compelled to be submissive. If men don't need to control, women won't have to be controlled."

In my opinion, Emma is not only an A-list actress, she also is a role model for young girls all over the world and therefore I applaud her. If you haven't seen the speech, 
click here to watch it. 
Whatever your hopes, dreams and goals are in life, they can be really scary. The last words of Emma's speech were, if not me, who? if not now, when? So, whenever you find yourself in a scary, nerve-racking moment, just think of those wise words and do it.


We're supporting @UN_Women and @EmWatson in #HeforShe. You should too.

No comments :

Post a Comment